Sivatech offers three different types of reach forklift training. Each course is designed for up to three people at a time. Upon successful completion of one of the training courses, where you will receive both theoretical and practical learning, you will have the ability to safely and confidently operate D1 Vehicles.
Which course is the right fit for you?
- Novice: Ideal if you have no previous experience or training of a reach lift truck.
- Basic: Ideal if you have no previous training but have experience operating a reach lift truck.
- One-Day Refresher: Designed for previously trained and experienced counterbalance truck operators, or if you wish to complete 7 hours of the 35 hour legal training requirement needed to operate a forklift truck.
In each course, candidates will…
- Practice maneuvering the machine both unladen and laden in a confined area, stacked and de-stacked at various levels
- Receive knowledge of daily and pre-shift inspection and refueling procedures
- Undergo theoretical and practical training and be tested on basic operating skills that are recognised by the Independent Training Standards Scheme & Register (ITSSAR)
- Comply with the recommendations and standards of the Health & Safety Executive (HSE)
- Receive a written assessment, a certificate and a forklift license.
How the course is structured:
- Introduction to the course: The objective of the course, as well as the training program, will be reviewed in detail. You will also receive a copy of the operating safety code.
- During the course: You will receive individual feedback on your performance, and a series of recommendations will be made.
- Upon completion: After successfully completing the course, you will receive a certificate and a permit. You will be required to complete a training evaluation questionnaire.
How you will be evaluated:
You’ll be evaluated in three separate categories:
- Theoretical Test: Multiple choice questions that cover the theoretical portion of the training course.
- A Pre-use Check: You will be evaluated on your ability to perform a vehicle inspection.
- A Practical Skills Test: Your reach forklift truck driving skills will be put to the test.